Effective October 6, 2016
We want you to understand how and why Newbium("Newbium", "we"Â or "Âus") collects, uses, and shares information about you when you access and use Newbium's website, dashboard (collectively, the "Services") or when you otherwise interact with us.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to create your account (e.g., a username, an email address), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, videos, links).
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions (e.g., voting data), the requested URL, hardware settings, and search terms.
Information Collected from Cookies
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings. For more information on how you can disable cookies, please see "Your Choices" below.
With your consent, we may collect information about the specific location of your mobile device (for example, by using GPS or Bluetooth). You can revoke this consent at any time by changing the preferences on your device, but doing so may affect your ability to use all of the features and functionality of our Services.
We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Facebook, Google+ and Twitter).
How We Use Information About You
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Help protect the safety of Newbium and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse.
- Provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests.
How We Share Information
- When you submit a post or comment to the Services, visitors to and users of our Services will be able to see the content of your posts and comments, the username associated with your posts or comments, and the date and time you originally submitted the post or comment.
- Except as it relates to advertisers and our ad partners, we may share information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work for us;
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information between and among Newbium, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics Partners
We may partner with third-party advertisers, ad networks, and analytics providers to deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests and to better understand your use of the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your computer, browser, or mobile device in response to a request for content, such as unique identifiers, your IP address, or other information about your computer or device. For example:
Advertisers and Ad Networks
We use analytics partners (such as Google Analytics) to help analyze usage and traffic for our Services. As an example, we may use analytics partners to analyze and measure, in the aggregate, the number of unique visitors to our Services.
For more information about how you may control the collection and/or use of information for advertising and analytics purposes, please see "Your Choices."
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Children under 13
Although we welcome users from all walks of life, Newbium is not intended or directed at individuals under the age of 13. Therefore, individuals under the age of 13 may not create an account or otherwise access or use the Services.
As a Newbium user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
We may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject first- and third-party cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Some analytics providers may provide specific opt-out mechanisms (e.g. Google Analytics Opt-out), and we will provide, as needed, additional tools and third-party services that allow you to better understand cookies and how you can opt-out. You have the ability to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes. For more information about behavioral advertising, or to opt out, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in most web browsers. We support DNT in our Services. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to web browsers DNT signals. When you have DNT enabled, we may still use information collected for analytics and measurement purposes or to otherwise provide our Services (e.g., Newbium buttons), but we will not load any third-party trackers. You may, however, opt out of having information about you collected and used for behavioral advertising purposes, as described above.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.