We have received a lot of questions regarding mining on our network. Therefore, we have written a short introduction on how to mine Historia coin.
Before we start explaining the mining intricacies you have to know that Historia uses X16R Proof of Work algorithm which is currently ASIC resistant. The X16R algorithm makes it difficult to mine using ASICs by constantly disrupting the ordering of the hashing algorithms. We aim to totally negate the use of ASIC hardware and redirect mining power back into the hands of GPUs.
Since the above is cleared up, it is time to explain how to mine Historia. There are two ways to mine Historia; by yourself or through Historia mining pool.
Pool mining is a collection of miners working together. Miners combine their individual computational resources with those of the other members which enhances their joint processing power and helps to achieve the desired output faster than, say solo mining. However, when you mine as part of a mining pool, you’ll need to pay a small fee. The offset of that is, using a pool allows you to earn more rewards and get paid much quicker. This can provide you with consistent payouts, multiple times per day.
- It’s cheaper than setting up your own mining operation at home
- You get a steady supply of Historia coins
- No technical knowledge is required to start mining
- You have to pay transaction fees on rewards
- Mining pools are subject to DDOS attacks and downtimes so there’s a risk of losing your rewards
- It is difficult to figure out if the structure of the pool reward system is a good value for money as most mining pools don’t reveal how they work
How to mine Historia coin via Pool
Depending on the miner you are using, you should download the file and then unzip the miner.
Github direct download links:
With the miner program unzipped you should see a batch file. If not then create one using the following steps:
- Upon extracting the miner, within the folder create a new text file.
- Now change .txt extension to .bat
Next right click .bat file and click edit. Once done add the following code into your batch file:
NVIDIA Enemy Miner config:
- z-enemy -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://:3636 -u -p c=HTA -i 2
T-Rex Miner config:
- t-rex -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://:3636 -u -p c=HTA -i 20
CCMiner / Nevermore / Suprminer config:
- ccminer -a x16r -o stratum+tcp://:3636 -u -p c=HTA -i 20
AMD Avermore miner config:
- set GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
- set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
- set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
- set GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
- set GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
- sgminer.exe -k x16r -o sstratum+tcp://:3636 -u -p c=HTA -i 20 -p x -X 256 –gpu-platform=1
Note: Be sure to replace the –o, -u, and –p arguments with your own pool, username, and password. Once done, save it and start the batch file.
The miner should now connect to the pool and start mining Historia. Now go to the pool and enter your address to track your earnings.
Historia Coin Specifications
Block Reward: 15 Per Block
Block Time: 150 seconds
Historia solo mining
If you choose to mine solo you will enjoy the benefits of having to independently search for blocks and receive the full reward for it. When you find the right value of the block, the whole reward will be yours, and you won’t have to share it or pay a fee.
- Rewards are higher as there are no fees involved
- You are not prone to pool downtimes
- You get the whole profit
- It is difficult to predict your mining rewards because of inconsistency in payouts
- Any wrong decision can lead you to a lot of waste in time and resources
- High computing power (hash power) is needed to mine profitably
What do you need to start mining Historia?
- Before you start mining Historia coin, you’ll need the following:
- Personal computer with Windows or Linux operating system (OS)
- AMD Avemore miner or T-Rex miner or CCMiner / Nevermore / Suprminer
- X16R Miner – We recommend the following X16R miners:
- NVidia Enemy miner
- T-Rex miner
- Internet connection
- Time and electricity
You will also need Historia wallet- this is where you keep the Historia coin you mine. Be sure to back up this wallet while using it to ensure your Historia coins doesn’t get lost.
Download Historia wallet here.
Join our official Discord channel to stay up to date with the continuous progress we’re making at Historia.
Originally published at blog.historia.network on February 06, 2019.